The Dave Jones Prom Run Series 2023/2024 is due. The main 5-mile race takes place at 7:30 with the Junior 1 mile races starting at 6:30 and 6:45
We have now renamed the Prom Series ‘The Dave Jones Prom Run Series’, in tribute to its founder and our current Weston Athletic Club President.
The first race of the series is on Thursday 5th Oct 2023
Note – due to the unavailability of the Prom in September there will be two races in October. The 2023 dates are now confirmed. We are awaiting final confirmation on the 2024 dates before we can open them for entry.
For details on entering individual races, please see below:
This race is staged under UKA Rules and we will have medical cover provided. The accuracy of the course measurement has been certified by a UKA-approved course measurer. Results will appear on the Power of 10 rankings
UKA race license APPROVED for 2023/24
The Race Terms and Conditions are linked here but also available on our WAC Official Notices page and each race entrant must abide by these T&Cs.
The course is now an exact 2 laps so times will be chipped start as well as finish. All results and prizes will be based on gun times, not chip times.
PLEASE NOTE THERE WILL BE NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY.
The race HQ is at the Bay Cafe in the Tropicana, Marine Parade, W-s-M, BS23 1BE. Please use the pedestrian crossings when crossing Beach Road. Parking is available along Marine Parade. Please see relevant charges.
- 5 Mile Series and Junior races will be online entry only this year. Important please note that online entries close on the Tuesday before each race to allow us to prepare race numbers.
Click on the dates to enter a single race!
Refreshments and toilets are available at the Bay Cafe in the Tropicana, Marine Parade, W-s-M, BS23 1BE (Race HQ). This will also be the venue for the post-race prize presentations. Large car parks are nearby. We regret that there are no changing or shower facilities available.
1 Mile Junior Prom Race
Race start times
School Years up to 7 – 18.30 pm (parents to run with children in reception and year 1 )
School Years 7-11 – 18.45 pm
1 Mile Junior race
GBP £10 for the whole 9-race series or £2 for one race – No on-day entries this year and online, entries close on the Tuesday before each race. (n.b. Charge this series is to cover the cost of chip timing)
5 Mile Prom Run Series
The Weston Prom Runs are an annual series of 9 five-mile races, this year held under Run Britain rules, covering two laps of the famous Weston-super-Mare promenade. Races start on the promenade near our race HQ, the Bay Cafe in the Tropicana, Marine Parade, W-s-M, BS23 1BE. The start time is 7:30 pm. Runners can enter the complete 9 race series or individual races. All standards of runners take part – so don’t be put off if you are a new runner.
5 Mile race
GBP £50.00 for the whole 9 race series or GBP £8.00 for a single race (please add an extra GBP 2.00 if not England Athletics affiliated).
Race entry is on Race Nation www://race-nation.co.uk/register/weston-ac
In the event of cancellation of races due to Covid regulations, the following will apply:
If 5 or more of the series races are run no return of fees will be made. If only 4 or fewer of the series races, the organizers will decide applicable policy.
Single race full refund or transfer to alternative date.
Male: Senior Male, MV40, MV50, MV60 and MV70
Female: Senior Female, FV40, FV50, FV60 and FV70
A voucher to the value of £50.00 for first overall Male & Female series winners
– Vouchers for the 2nd and 3rd overall Male & Female series winners
– Vouchers for category winner
– Category results are based on the best (lowest scoring) 6 of first 8 races of the Series
(a minimum of 6 races must have been completed within first 8 races of the Series to qualify)
– A special memento is provided for those runners that complete all 9 races of the Series
– All Presentations are made on the final Prom night
The age category a runner belongs to for the Series is defined as their age as at date of first Series Race. E.g. Age as at 15th Sept 2022 for the 2022-2023 Series.
To enter the whole series.
Please note only first 8 races county for Teams. All known amendments have been incorporated.
- If less than four runners (only 2 of each Male and Female in Mixed) compete in any individual race, then the score used for each of the missing team finishers is the total number of runners competing in that particular race.
- The winner of each team category will be the team with the least number of points accumulated across the first 8 races in the Prom Run Series.
- Each Team is awarded the 4 best (lowest) points scored for all team members
- The Team prizes are worked out from the first 8 races
- There are four team categories: Senior Male, Mixed, Male Vet and Female
- Teams must be entered no later than 6th October 2022
Please use form to register for Team competition: Team Entry Form
#TEAM RESULTS for 2022-23
Any issues with the results, please use the ‘Email the Race organiser’ form below.
Note that the race number system for the 2022-23 series will be the same as the last series. All competitors who enter the series will be issued with one number for the whole series. Runners must keep their number and re-use it in all races in the series. Runners who enter for the single race must still go to Race HQ prior to the race start to collect their race number. All applicants can collect their numbers from the race HQ.
Please remember: No number on race day – No official result.