Following cancellation of the race in 2020 and 2021 due to Covid19 and the later loss of the race HQ in Burrington Coombe the race has not taken place in 2022 or 2023.
Confirmation of whether there will be a race in 2024 will be here in due course
The Race Terms and Conditions are linked here but also available on our WAC Official Notices page and each race entrant must abide by these T&Cs.
Note that the race headquarters is at The Burrington Inn, Burrington Combe, Nr Bristol, North Somerset, BS40 7AT
Registration and Number Pickup:
- – From 6.15-7.15pm at race headquarters.
- – Race HQ: The Burrington Inn, Burrington Combe, Nr Bristol, North Somerset, BS40 7AT.
- – The start is a 5min walk from race HQ.
- – Five miles and 1000ft of climb to the summit of the Mendips.
- – Helpful marshals and plenty of marking tape to guide you along the course.
- – FRA rules dictate that no accompanying dogs are allowed on the course.
- – Water station at race finish.
- – Hot and cold refreshments available at The Burrington Inn (Race HQ).
- – Post race presentation.
- – limited car parking so please car share where possible.
- – We regret that there are no changing or shower facilities available.
- – Categories: Male & Female Senior, U23, V40, V50 and V60.
- – Only one prize per runner.
- – Team: Male & Female (first 3 runners counting on accumulated time).
- –£7.00 in advance and£8.00 on the day.
- – Entry on the day available if capacity not reached beforehand.
- – Race numbers to be picked up from race headquarters on race day.
- – Cashed cheque or confirmation email indicates accepted entry.
- – Postal entry closing date: Saturday 15 June 2019, or earlier if full.
- – Entry limit of 150 so enter as soon as possible to guarantee a place.
Entry Details for next installment of the Beacon Batch have yet to be finalised. Please check back later for further information.