This year’s Christmas Cracker 10k and junior races are planned to take place on the 10th Dec 2023.
PLEASE NOTE – ALL NUMBERS TO BE COLLECTED FROM THE COLLEGE ON THE DAY OF THE RACE THIS YEAR
We once again look forward to welcoming you to the 35th Weston AC Christmas Cracker 10k.
Weston AC is affiliated to Association of Running Clubs (ARC) for the purposes of this race (Permit no 21/262) and therefore covered for Legal Liability Insurance. Please refer to the Insurance section of the ARC website for details of the Club’s Insurance.
The Race Terms and Conditions are linked here but also available on our WAC Official Notices page and each race entrant must abide by these T&Cs.
As usual, this promises to be a fun-filled, festive event as we welcome runners of all abilities from across the South West and beyond.
Jason Wyatt, Race Director
Previous 2022 Cracker Result
Full results for the 2022 race
The 2023 Christmas Cracker will take place on Sunday December 10th at 11am. Now in its 35th year, this is Weston AC’s largest race with people coming back year after year to take part in the festive run. All standards of runner take part so don’t be put off if you are a new runner. Everyone is actively encouraged to wear fancy dress but please NO tinsel.
- Approx. 10k course
- Flat, on tarmac and beach, thus not suitable for wheelchairs, sorry
- First aid and finish water station
- Lead car, race clock, distance markers and marshals
- Event risk assessment undertaken, for your safety
- Chip timing
- Race HQ – at Weston College, Knightstone Road
- Supervised kit storage (at owners risk)
- Hot and cold refreshments available
- Full results published on the Internet
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd male and female runners
- 1st and 2nd male and female vets. V40, V45 and V50
- 1st male and female vets over 60 and 70
- Only one prize per runner (fancy dress excepted)
- T-shirt to all finishers
- Individual and team fancy dress prizes
- Online entry is £18 (affiliated) and £20 (unaffiliated), inclusive of processing fee
- Closing date for entries is 20th November
- Minimum age is 16 years (anyone under the age of 16 can enter our junior race)
- Race numbers to be collected from college on race day.
- Remember – absolutely no entries on the day so enter soon!
- Free race photographs available for all runners to download after the race from www.photo-fit.com. Great for sharing with your friends at Christmas
The race has closed early for the last 21 years so don’t delay, enter today!
THE JUNIOR CRACKER
There are two races this year split by age category
9:30am – Secondary race (age 11-16 or years 7-11) – Entry cost £3
10am – Primary race (age 4 – 11 or years Reception – 6) – Entry cost £3
The course is an accurate flat 2k and stays entirely on the beach. The route will go south for 1km from the Grand Pier and then return straight back.
Race HQ on the day is at Weston College, Knightstone Road, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 2AL
Please note that the race start is on the beach by the Grand Pier
Allow yourself 20 minutes to get from the College to the start location
For race entry enquiries contact Matthew Wheeler (Race Secretary)
For race organisation enquiries contact Jason Wyatt (Race Director)
Full results for the 2022 race
2019 race in pdf format
2018 race in pdf format
2017 race in pdf format
2016 race in pdf format