Christmas Cracker 2018 - Volunteers
To all WAC members, family and friends who helped out at today’s successful Christmas Cracker event a huge thank you for helping out and carrying out whatever duties were asked of you - without your help and efforts the event could not run. Many of the runners have fed back to us that the support and encouragement they received from marshals around the course was great and really encouraged them to continue running in what at times, for some, was difficult conditions.
The Christmas Cracker committee works hard to make the event run as smoothly as possible but always welcomes constructive feedback so please email any comments to email@example.com by 15th January 2019.
We’d like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and wish you well with your running activities for 2019.
Yours in running, Annette and Kim
Christmas Cracker 2018
Mini CRACKER 2018
Congratulations to everyone who ran in this years mini cracker. Results are now available thanks to Split Second Timing. We look forward to seeing you next year.
Female Category Winners
- 1st - Millie REDMAN (11-13 ) - 07m 54s
- 2nd - Stephanie BROOKS (14-15) - 8m 19s
- 3rd - Abigail TAYLOR (11-13) - 8m 28s
Male Category Winners
- 1st - Oliver ANDREWS (11-13) - 7m 30s
- 2nd - Sebastien LEANEY (11-13)- 8m 12s
- 3rd - Jamie ELSDON (14-15) - 8m 24s
Another excellent 127 finishers for this years Festive event.
Christmas Cracker 2018
Congratulations to every hardy soul, angel and festive elf who ran in this years cracker. Results are now available thanks to Split Second Timing. We look forward to seeing you again next year.
- 1st - Tom LANDER (1311) Unattached - 35m 16s
- 2nd - James PUGSLEY (1831) Bideford AAC - 35m 26s
- 3rd - Peter MONAGHAN (1558) Torbay AAC - 35m 46s
- 1st - Julie DIXON (634) Bideford AAC - 39m 26s
- 2nd - Annabel GRANGER (903) Bristol & West AC - 39m 29s
- 3rd - Fiona MARKS (635) Bristol & West AC - 39m 42s
- 1st - Russell FORSBROOK (794) Cheltenham Harriers - 37m 45s
- 2nd - Stephen BAILEY (100) Bad TRI - 39m 16s
- 1st - Sophie VOLLER (2305) Westbury Harriers - 41m 40s
- 2nd - Victoria RATCLIFFE (1852) Somer AC - 43m 30s
- 1st - Darren GARMEN (842) Bristol & West AC - 38m 29s
- 2nd - Simon WEST (2374) Unattached - 39m 36s
- 1st - Michelle HALLORAN (960) Great Western Runners - 49 15s
- 2nd - Rachel O'BRYAN (1661) Almost Athletes - 49m 51s
- 1st - Stephen BARTLETT (137) Pontypridd Rodents - 37m 27s
- 2nd - Mike JACOBS (1168) Unattached - 38m 34s
- 1st - Margaret McLACHLAN (1491) Unattached - 44m 39s
- 2nd - Sian DAVIES (594) Bristol & West AC - 45m 47s
- 1st - Jonathan GOODLAND (890) Unattached - 41m 07s
- 1st - Sue RIDSDALE (1910) Unattached - 52m 57s
- 1st - Stuart ELLIS (712) Portishead Running Club - 47m 23s
- 1st - Sue NICHOLLS (1616) Burnham-on-Sea Harriers - 60m 22s
There were an amazing 1928 finishers for this event.
Not the Cracker
All Cracker Volunteers can experience all the fun of the Cracker route the day before the big day - 8 December. 10k run around the 2018 Cracker route; starting at the Grand Pier at 9:00am (Meet 8:45). Fancy dress is not obligatory but why wouldn't you when coming dressed as an elf, reindeer, fairy etc will entitle you to a free breakfast at the Bay Cafe after the run (approx 10:15/10:30). If that isn't incentive enough then there will be "incredible" prizes to be won!
2018 Christmas Cracker Volunteer Allocations
Thank you to everyone who has volunteered to assist with this year’s Christmas Cracker – your help is very much appreciated and without it the event could not take place.
This is the final allocation document for all members Please could you look at the attached document and do the following:
- Find your name and be aware of what your duties are – some people have more than one duty allocated to them.
- aware of the meeting points and times of each duty.
- aware of who you need to report to for each duty.
If anyone cannot find themselves on the list who has volunteered please email us via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
When you report to your team/marshal leader you will be briefed about your duty and some of you will be given maps and briefing papers. These MUST be returned to your marshal leader or to either of us before you go home as they need to be destroyed in line with GDPR regulations.
Think about the duties you have been allocated to undertake and then dress appropriately on the day with regards to weather i.e. those with outside duties need to consider dressing for cold/windy/wet Weston weather, you can get very cold stood about for up to 2 hours!! – think about foot wear as well, especially those of you on the beach as it can be very wet underfoot!!
Clap and cheer the runners on, this will help keep you warm and they appreciate the encouragement!!
Some of you allocated to Uphill may be working with volunteers from Weston Hospice. Please make them feel welcome.
Finally, we all must be mindful of not only our own welfare but that of the runners and spectators. Unfortunately, we live in times where there are those who may wish to cause us harm, so we ask that you remain vigilant and if there is anything that arouses your suspicions please contact your team leader, Kim or Annette immediately. We look forward to seeing you all on the day for a Cracking Event!!
This Tuesday, 4th December, the annual Charity Mile will take place. This year it will be in aid of the Seashore Centre, the children's department at Weston General. The princely sum of £1 to take part and as usual the club will match what is made on the evening. It will be the usual meeting place on a Tuesday for a good warm-up. Hope to see as many of you as possible taking on the challenge of a mile. Many thanks JT.
Conditions were good, if a little soggy underfoot in places. This set the pace fast from the start and enabled many of the club’s members to achieve their quickest times for the race... Read more
If you have a comment about these reports or wish to contribute to the press releases please Click Here to send an email enquiry to Media Team.
Please extend a warm welcome to new club members Richard Packer and Logan Harvey.
Cracker 2018 - Message from Annette and Kim
The first draft Christmas Cracker Allocations is now ready for you to review – it is surname alphabetical order.
Many of you will have more than one job so please read the document carefully to fully understand where and what you have been allocated. The document lays out a title for a role – some are self explanatory, some not so and exact details of what is expected of you on the day will be explained to you by the person you report to.
We have tried very hard to accommodate everyone’s requests in terms of the tasks they have been allocated.
A few people are currently listed as “spare” – this is so we have options on the day if anyone is not able to attend at last minute I.e. due to illness.
A final allocation list will be posted Friday 7th December at the latest. PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ THE FINAL DOCUMENT AS THE ALLOCATIONS WILL BE WHERE YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO BE AT THE GIVEN TIMES.
If upon checking the list, your name does not appear when you expect it to then please email Kim and Annette via the following email address: email@example.com before Monday 3rd December 2018.
Yours in running, Annette and Kim.